Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, January 6, 2024

ANNUAL REVIEW

I came across a "Personal Annual Review" template from Sahil Bloom as 2023 was drawing to a close. 

I have made plenty of useful resolutions in past Januaries, but this year I was looking for a new angle.

So I thought Bloom's Annual Review might be a useful exercise. I was confident enough in this belief that, even before I had applied it to my own life, I recommended it a few days ago through the weekly email newsletter that I publish for Mission Resource.

Now that I have started working through it myself? 

I wish I could pass it to everyone I know.

In his Annual Review, Bloom walks you through 7 key questions:
  1. What did I change my mind on this year?
  2. What created energy this year?
  3. What drained energy this year?
  4. Who were the boat anchors in my life? (People who held you back. This is the only question I couldn't relate to.)
  5. What did I not do because of fear?
  6. What were my greatest hits and worst misses this year?
  7. What did I learn this year?
The longer I have sat with these questions in front of me, the more insight I have gained. As Bloom quotes from John Dewey: "We do not learn from experience ... we learn from reflecting on experience."

It's not too late for some reflecting on 2023! It will make a solid foundation for further growth in 2024. 

Bloom's work is aesthetically and functionally well-formatted. You can download your own copy at sahilbloom.com/annual-review for the price of your email address. (Bloom publishes a regular email newsletter that is worth checking out too.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment