Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, August 4, 2023

SHILAJIT

Today is a James Brown kind of day – I feel good! (But I didn’t know that I would.)

For a couple of years - maybe since we returned to Indiana from Haiti - I have been losing energy. It's been a slow decline and I worried this might just be what the middle 50s feel like. 

But I hoped it was some curable medical issue.

It was getting so bad I went to a doctor about it. But all the blood tests were within normal ranges (thank God) for all things measured ... with one exception: Vitamin D.

So I started taking some Vitamin D and noticed a slight improvement in my energy levels. But it was so small I couldn't even be sure it wasn't just my imagination.

Now it just so happens that Caleb had been suffering from similar symptoms for quite a while – fatigue, napping, brain fog, lack of energy and motivation. He has tried everything – clean eating, testing, and a slew of dietary supplements. 

Recently he got a supplement that made a distinct difference in his energy level: shilajit. I had never heard of it before. 

(The computer autocorrect program doesn’t recognize shilajit as a real word, so I guess it's not too well known.) 

I got my own Shilajit on Caleb’s recommendation yesterday and started immediately.

And wow.

Unless I am experiencing a mere placebo effect, this stuff is miraculous. I guess I should moderate my enthusiasm until I am certain.

In the meantime, I should probably do a bit of research and figure out what this is that I am swallowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment