Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, October 29, 2022

PURSE SALESMAN

Apart from not having Melissa here with me, my time in Troy, Illinois today could not have gone better.

First, I got to spend time with one of my best friends, Tim Price.

Second, I got to enjoy a "Fall Rally" event that Tim put together for middle school and high school students. He is a pro. It was well-planned and executed from top to bottom.

Third, I got to lead a seminar on habit formation. For 45 minutes I had over a hundred students as my captive audience. I took the opportunity to encourage them to develop a habit of daily Scripture reading. Better yet, I gave them very practical advice to make the habit stick. 

But an equally satisfying part of the day was my job as purse salesman ...

Tim was kind enough to allow me to set up a display table for Mission Resource and even to sell some of the purses, handbags, and aprons created by Ernestina, one of our clients in Ghana. (Even though it risked cutting into his own sales of t-shirts. He's a good guy like that.) 

Ernestina took a loan from Mission Resource a few years ago to buy a sewing machine. Over time she has made enough money from selling her products (in the States) to expand her business and even take on a couple of apprentices. 

I had the pleasure to spend a couple of afternoons with her while I was in Ghana a few weeks ago. She is a sweetheart. 



And Ernestina does quality work. The youth in attendance today, as well as their adult leaders, recognized the beauty and quality of Ernestina's products and bought just about everything that I had with me. 

I was thrilled to send her a message at the end of the day to say I had sold over $250 worth of her products.

And she was even more thrilled to hear it!

I would like to continue my role as a purse salesman in the coming months, so I will post some pictures of her work soon. 

I want you to see for yourself.

(They would make great Christmas presents. Just sayin'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment