Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

STRESS

I hate the way my brain gets all counterproductive under stress. 

At this stage of life, it takes more than one stressful situation to gum up my brain. I can handle ONE thing and it won't phase me much. But stressors piled three or four high suddenly and automatically add another stressor: sleeplessness.

That's what happened last night. I went to bed at a reasonable time: 11 pm.

It wasn't long before I was having some sort of nonsensical stress dream that woke me up. When I picked up my phone, it was 1:00 am. I had a headache. And I knew I wasn't falling back to sleep any time soon. 

I read a little in a book. That didn't help.

I did a little school work. THAT did help because it eased one of my other stressors. 

I cleaned up the kitchen. This also helped because there is something about bringing order out of disorder that feels like progress, even though it didn't directly ease any of my stressors.

In the end, I was able to fall back to sleep at 4:00 am and sleep until my alarm went off at 6:00. 

I dragged all day long and my tiredness and headache made all my other stressors more stressful.

Thanks, BRAIN. 


I wish I could be Calvin:



No comments:

Post a Comment