Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

TIME - DOING WHAT IT DOES BEST

This past weekend we celebrated our little Princess who is now an unbelievably BIG 9-year-old.

I really don't know what to write about the affair because the "time flies" angle has been done to death. I am now at the age when at least once a day one of my contemporaries will Facebook post 
A. Where does the time go?
B. They grow up so fast!
C. I can't believe how big s/he has gotten!
or the like.

It's all so bittersweet. We have a digital picture frame on the shelf in our living room and the pictures get a little more dated each day - and a bit more precious. Sarah is halfway to 18. 

Halfway to 18. And if these 9 years flew this quickly, what about the 9 coming up? And when THOSE 9 years pass, we will initiate the "empty nest" years!  >Gulp!<

I am freaking myself out with these thoughts and need to refocus on the present. Here are some photos to get me back on track...

Friday celebration at Cowman with chocolate cupcakes. (The recipe on the side of Hershey's cocoa makes a better cake mix than anything you can buy in the store!)



Late Friday night, after Sarah went to bed, the three older kids decorated the living room to surprise her in the morning.



Saturday morning Skyping with Grandma Trudy while Sarah opens one of her presents.



Friends over for a party with a Lego theme. Floor very dangerous!



Afternoon on the new zipline with her friends.


Sweet card from brother Caleb.


Lots of Lego presents. She doesn't need much help these days, after all, she's 9.


Sarah CAN'T BE 9!



OK. I'm going to work on accepting reality and, in the meantime, try to remind myself daily to treasure any moment I get to spend with this little lady (and her siblings). 

(Yes, even when it's helping with homework.)

Time DOES fly. But I want to pluck handfuls of beautiful feathers as it passes...





The morning after...





No comments:

Post a Comment