Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, March 12, 2015

"THE PATH BEYOND MY HOUSE" - A POEM BY HANNAH

Ever since she got her bunnies, Hannah has had to make frequent trips up the path behind our house in search of vines and leaves and grass to feed them. Apparently she's found a bit of inspiration along the way...





The Path Beyond My House
By Hannah Gross

up a rocky path
up a deserted road
up the path beyond my house

there, long grass sways in the wind
and mango trees embrace the sun
and clouds are nowhere to be seen

where bees bounce from flower to flower 
and wasps lurk beneath leaves
and butterflies flutter in the wind

there the Mountain stands
looming before me
reminding me that there is no great length that can't be walked

with a breeze coming down from the Mountain
my hair flutters around my shoulders
and I breathe in fresh air





No comments:

Post a Comment